Snowmass Provides The Best Access to Skiing Around the World
Skiing Magazine rates the Snowmass/Aspen area as one of the finest ski resorts in the United States - and many would argue that Snowmass Mountain is the jewel in the crown that is the power of four; Ajax, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk and Snowmass. Champagne powder blankets the mountainside providing the perfect conditions for the best day of skiing and snowboarding you have ever had in the Colorado Rockies. In addition to Snowmass ski lodging with luxurious accommodations and superb service, at The Stonebridge Inn you will also experience:
- A Slopeside location, just a short walk to the slopes. Snowmass is built up and down the ski slopes, so you're always close to the ski run. In fact, 90 percent of lodging in Snowmass is slopeside, a short walk to the slopes - which is unique to other ski resorts in Colorado. This means that on your Snowmass Colorado ski vacation or ski club trip, you can get up, put on your skis and go.
- Uncrowded slopes. With only two skiers per acre (and there are more than 3,100 acres of terrain!), skiing at Snowmass gives you the feeling of being alone in the wilderness and away from the crush of people you've come here to escape.
- Exceptional snow conditions. Thanks to the dry continental snow pack, Snowmass has the softest snow for skiing and snowboarding - fluffy, light and very dry. In addition, the snow stays softer because of fewer people on the runs!
- Diverse terrain. Featuring cliffs, chutes, gulleys and groomers, Snowmass offers some of the most diverse ski terrain in North America and fun for everyone from beginners to experts.
- The most double-blacks. Snowmass has more double-black runs than any other Colorado ski resort. For extreme adventure, try The Cirque and the Hanging Valley Wall.
- The highest and the longest. With an 800-foot vertical rise to an elevation of 12,510 feet above sea level, the Cirque lift gives Snowmass the nation's longest lift-served vertical rise (4,406 feet) and highest lift-served ski terrain.
- Great glade skiing. Unlike most ski areas, which feature barren slopes above timberline, the Snowmass Ski Mountain is covered in trees - the lower half in aspen, and the upper half in spruce, fir and pine. With this beautiful forest to ski in, you'll experience pleasant skiing even (and especially) during snowstorms, when other mountains might close.
- No waiting. The eight-person Elk Camp Gondola, high-speed Village Express six-person lift and the Sky Cab gondola mean quicker lift rides and easier access. With 23 ski lifts total, you'll never stand in line at Snowmass. In fact, this Colorado ski resort community has more lift chairs than beds!
- The Power of Four. With Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Buttermilk and Aspen Highlands within 12 miles of each other, one lift ticket at Snowmass offers the widest variety of skiing anywhere in the United States if not the world!
- Award-winning ski and snowboard schools. Warm, enthusiastic instructors share their skills in fun and innovative ways - offering ski and snowboard programs for all levels and ages, including infants, toddlers, teens, women, adults over 50, and "never-evers."
The Stonebridge Inn is happy to partner with Incline Ski & Board Shop; the leading ski and snowboard rental shop in Aspen/Snowmass. Whether you need to rent equipment, get a tune, or try out the latest gear you won't have to go far. Our on-site rental shop is fully operational to satisfy all of your mountain needs. For your convenience, equipment may be picked up the evening before skiing or snowboarding in order to avoid the morning rush.